Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's a Bird...It's a Plane NO! It's Naked Boy!


I just love my son's sense of humor. Probably because I'm pretty much always shocked by the fact that he has one. I mean, of course he'll laugh at jokes. But what really amazes me is when HE is the one actually creating the humorous situation on purpose.

He comes upstairs today after his shower with only a robe on (remember he's only 8). He begins running through the house shouting...."It's a bird, NO! It's a plane, NO!! It's NAKED BOY!!!" Then he elaborates. "Able to conquer his enemies with his grossness". OH MY GOSH. Where does this come from??? I do appreciate creativity, but could we manage to direct it down a different avenue?

We are all ready and go to my hubby's company picnic. Situated at a beautiful park with lakes all around. It was a bit chilly, high 50's or so. Jonathan is close to the water, no, he's stepped INTO the water...um.....wading in the water...how about SWIMMING IN THE WATER WITH OUR WINTER COAT ON???? Yeppers, my son. I saw it with my own eyes. He did, indeed, decide to swim in the lake today.

Dad takes him to the bathroom. Did we think to bring a change of clothes? or even a towel? HA! But a nice man gave Jonathan a T-shirt. Wet clothes in the bag. On our way home I hear Jonathan laughing. I looked at him, he who wears only a long T-shirt. I ask him what is so funny.

To which he replies, "Naked Boy Strikes again!"

Oh Lord have mercy.....

It was such a fun day. : )






Donna

12 comments:

Angie said...

Girl. . .the fact that you're not only laughing about this, but also blogging. . . .well, that just makes me smile.

As does the ever-growing series of events in the life of "NAKED BOY!"

Donna Cooper said...

Do not tell me there are more chapters yet to be "uncovered". HAHAHA...pun intended. Just couldn't help myself...

Donna

danette said...

ROFL, that is just too funny!! I can't wait to hear more adventures of Naked Boy, lol.

Jodi said...

That's awesome!

Marie said...

Yeppers, having a boy in the house will introduce you to a whole new world of boy humor. The swimming with a winter coat on, who could have predicted that?

My youngest now has a shirt that reads "FREE GAS" and we are not talking fuel for the car.

Hold the memories in your heart. You know how quickly the years go by and the cute stuff is outgrown.

kristi said...

My son loves to be naked too! I find him wrapped up in a blanket all the time, butt naked!

Maddy said...

Oh my goodness! Very similarly amazed. In the summer we went on the company picnic too. My son removed his clothing in a trice to dive into the pool. His sister hid at the deep end and pretended no to know him!
Cheers

Casdok said...

Excellent! My so also prefers to be naked, especially in the garden. Good job we are not over looked as he is 6 foot now!

Unknown said...

Oh my! He is such a normal boy! He must be a bowl of fun to live with! Thanks for a really great story! Made me remember times with my boys!

LOL
Carolynn

Patty O. said...

That's hysterical! It makes me worried for my almost three-year-old daughter, though, who refuses to wear clothes. We call her naked girl. I wonder if this will be us in 5 years....

BTW, I loved your post "I'd Pick You." It totally made me cry.

Rebecca said...

Oh, my goodness -- that was hilarious... "Naked boy strikes again." Thanks for the wonderful smile today!

Anonymous said...

haha...that's pretty funny!
good ole jonathan! :)