Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Son???

Yesterday was our IEP Annual Review. I've become an IEP Pro. BTDT so many times that IEP meetings no longer stress me out the way they used to. I have a wonderful relationship with the teachers/staff at the school, so I enjoy the meetings. I normally bake brownies or chocolate chip cookies to "sweeten" the adventure (i.e. bribe my way for anything I want.) Works well... Though yesterday was our official annual review, it is the third meeting we've had this school year. So I really didn't think anything was going to surprise me. I WAS WRONG. Last week was the week after Fall Break here. His teacher let me know that my son, yes, MINE, had the most consistent best week of school EVER. There was not a single moment (and I am quoting) than anyone who walked in the classroom would ever guess that my son any disability.

He finished all his work, he did not argue, had not trouble with transitions, was kind and thoughtful to his peers, offered genuine compassion to a student having a rough day, showed responsibility when asked to assist with a project outside of the room. He received the high honor of eating lunch with the principal on Friday.

The teacher was glowing. I was in shock.


I know that all weeks will not be like this, but it is nice to see that Jonathan is making progress. And somehow got it together for an entire week!!

WTG Mr. J.
Time to CELEBRATE!

I am...

Donna

4 comments:

kristi said...

Wow...that is fantastic!

Angie said...

This is beyond fantastic! This is great, Donna!!

Way to go, Jonathan!

Jodi said...

It's always great to give and receive news like that. Congrats to you, and your son!

Anonymous said...

How awesome! I took in food for the first time on Monday (chocolates with caramel, yum) and they all loved them. :)

Congratulations to Jonathan for his amazing progress!!