Monday, May 4, 2009

Gentleman Training 101

I've been working on Gentleman Training 101 with Jonathan.
Teaching him to open doors and wait, and what to say after he is thanked.

It is working!

Mike was sick yesterday, so he did not go to church. Only Jonathan and I went. Jonathan held the door open for me as we were coming into our church, I thanked him, to which he replied, "My pleasure," With a sweet voice.

I had no idea there was a group of 10 or so ladies standing in earshot. There was a simultaneous "awwwww" and then they clamored to adopt him, with offers of candy.

When we got on the elevator Jonathan said, "Man, this gentleman stuff has great benefits!"

That's my boy!




Donna

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Isn't it great when it all clicks and comes together for our guys! Reason to hope for the next milestone:) Nice to meet you Donna; i'll be reading...

Unknown said...

Reminds me of the same lessons i taught my boys. We had the same experience at our church. I love watching my grown sons now treat the women in their lives with gentlemanly care.

Thanks for the memories.

Gina said...

Congratulations! It takes a lot of hard work to make a gentleman. We are still working on it and Lance is 23. One day...