Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Jonathan got PUBLISHED!


A LONG time ago I remember receiving an email, and they asked for poems, stories and artwork from people with developmental disabilities. I sent something in Jonathan had "written" (he said it, and I typed it.) Today I get a book in the mail, and see that my 8 year old son got published!!! How cool is that?

The online edition is a PDF file you can see. His poem is on page 12 (though you might enjoy reading and looking at the rest of it!)


http://www.icdl.com/documents/GLIMPSE-1308.pdf

But in case you can't access that link, here is the poem in all it's glory!

I Love Butterflies

I love butterflies most of all.
Ladybugs crawl
Moths fly
Worms slither
Spiders tiptoe
And grasshoppers jump
But
Butterflies DANCE and are free
Like me.

Jonathan Ryan Cooper
Age 4
Autism/Hyperlexia




Donna
Proud Mama!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful and what a good poem! I read through the whole publication and he really fits in well. Congratulations to Jonathan!

Anonymous said...

Okay, THAT is AWESOME!!! Way to GO, Jonathan!!! I looked thru the whole book - it's awesome!! And j's poem is outstanding!! :)

Anonymous said...

great work Jonathan! I love the way that he describes how spiders "tiptoe". wonderful and sweet!

Anonymous said...

They tiptoe around my house, cuz they know if I hear one stompin' around in MY house, I'm gonna swat 'em!!
We gots smart spiders down here in Alabama.......and I gots gooooood ears for spider footsteps......cuz I hate those little boogers.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I get Glimpse, and I read his poem and it made me tear up! (I tear up with all our special kid's accomplishments!) It was so good! And I had no idea he was YOUR son!

Wohooooooo!

danette said...

Wow, how cool is that, congratulations!! His poem is awesome, way to go Jonathan!

Casdok said...

Well done Jonathan! I love your poem!!

Anonymous said...

That's so VERY COOL! I waited to respond until after I had time to read the book. It was all very well done.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Rebecca said...

I looked at the whole book -- what an accomplishment! So many "normal" people look at these children with pity, but their "weakness" gives them a strength and beauty straight from the hand of God. Good work, Jonathan!

Anonymous said...

SO PROUD. So Very Proud!!!!

Sincerely,

Zen

Melissa said...

Hi Donna! (((waving wildly))) We know each other from Parenting-Autism (from a few years ago now) or some other parents-with-ASD kids list. Great to find your blog and even greater to hear that Jonathan has been published. Looking forward to catching up with you via your blog.